In 1913, it all began. In small steps and with a great deal of personal commitment, company founder Ferdinand Leopold (died 1980) started his own fruit trade in Petersdorf II.
In 1922, the business moved to St. Marein, Graz. In the years after that, first exports of Styrian apples to Germany and Hungary took place.
In 1937, Leopold bought the company's current property in Studenzen.
In 1942, 400 wagons of apples were shipped from the Studenzen train station, most of them loosely poored into the rail carriages.
In 1963, a new modern era of fruit orcharding began in Styria. The Studenzen Production Alliance was founded by 14 fruit farmers.
From 1970 to 1986, as orcharding continued to grow in Styria, our warehouse was amplified almost on an annual basis.
In 1988, we received the Styrian Coat of Arms for our 75th anniversary celebration.
In 1997 and 1998, after Austria's entry into the EU, we made the largest investment in our company's history so far. Our sorting and packaging plants are brought up to date in a generous and far-sighted manner.
From 2003 to 2012, continuing growth requires the company to be amplified and modernised year by year. A central woodchip heater, a 200 kW photovoltaic device and state-of-the-art brine cooling devices are the result of our environmental responsibility. As we constantly modernise our sorting and packaging equipment and make sure we use state-of-the-art storage technology, we are able to guarantee our customers top quality in sale.